Thursday, November 16, 2006

Who's Eating Who?

Today's debauchery begins with HuffPost eating its own words. As one of my favorite source of news/blogging/punditry, Huffington Post has served me well over the past year and a half and is great at bashing those republican asswipes, although now their utility in that field can be solely concentrated on the Decider in Chief and not the GOP Congress. Anyway, as righties bash the "liberal media" and people like Ariana have a section called "Eat the Press," who in fact likes the media if both sides are always ripping on it? Anyway, Ariana's website editor F'd up today and should be making fun of itself, as the following appeared:


Sometimes they bundle headlines together over at HuffPost, but I must say that Google and tornadoes have nothing to do with each other, although I'm sure we can mess around with Google Earth in the next few days and check out the devastation. I'm not even too sure that Google operates anywhere in the entire state of North Carolina, although this would make a good accusation story on Blogs for Bush (everything that comes out of those asshole's mouths makes me cringe), how those liberal Silicon Valley bastards cause tornadoes with their power over the "internets" and how their hybrid cars are in fact destroying the environment, as we all witnessed in South Park's infamous "Smug Alert."

South Park I say? Well for once in my life I think that Trey Parker and Matt Stone went from offensively hilarious to whack and tasteless. I've endured it all and seen every episode probably at least 2 or 3 times, but the actual lack of humor in last nights episode coupled with the just not being cool at all, well I actually didn't enjoy those thirty minutes for the first time in quite a long time. I could take the Steve Irwin jokes, and even appreciated the fact that they were building on controversy that the press picked up from Satan's "Hell on Earth" bash from a couple weeks ago, but that's where they should have stopped if you ask me. Especially because it seems to be the first time that the wonderful sport of hockey was covered, I was upset that its one of the worst episodes in memory for me. The idea of burdening Stan with the personal problems of his players is brilliant, but those guys got off a little too much on the fact that they burdened him with something that they went out of their way to make the audience feel most uncomfortable.

Have you ever been fortunate enough to drink Silk Milk? I can finally enjoy my Cheerios without the burden of running to the bathroom, and all you Jews out there know exactly what I'm talking about, as I have not met a single Jew on this entire planet that isn't slightly "lactose sensitive." Additionally, being a huge fan of edamame, that's pretty much what soy milk tastes like to me.

After facing a scare just a couple days ago that the ticket for this weekend's big game promised to me had vanished in thin air, I am happy to report that I'm the proud possessor of said ticket. With that, I'll give you a Longhorn's take on this classic matchup, as we have T-minus 52 hours to go.

On one final note, I have not yet seen "Borat" simply because I rarely make it to the theatres, but there's no way I'm missing this one. The PR this man did leading up to the release is great. I sometimes feel bad for his subjects, but he has proven that he is the most brilliant and taking what others have to say out of context and actually trying to prove something. Well maybe I'm giving him too much credit now, but the attention this man has received is remarkable and the fact that people take what he has to say at all seriously is quite impressive. Here he is out of character commenting on his recent successes.

On to Kazakhstan, did you know that they eat horse there? I remember seeing that Times article about a year ago sometime in December, but this country has received quite the misguided PR since then. However, all I can think about is the Warren Miller film I watched with Kramer a few months ago, in which they journey to the back country of Kazakhstan (after eating horse). The former commy lift operator goes, "good snow, but if you ski, I think you will die" (because of avalanche). Anyway I can't find that clip, but here's a 6 minute trailer on YouTube of what seems to be an upcoming flick, despite the fact that I had no idea this guy still skis at the age of 94, or however old he is.

Maybe some random tidbits will pop up before leaving for Columbus, but otherwise you won't be hearing from me until my hopefully triumphant return. GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buck the Fuckeyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home